The Hamilton Wharton Group is the Group Manager for Safety Group 580, a New York State Insurance Fund Safety Group for nursing homes and assisted living facilities.
Through disciplined underwriting, claims management, loss control, and other risk management initiatives, Safety Group 580 is able to provide competitive pricing to its members.
Because the entire group shares risk, our disciplined approach to managing the group has allowed annual premiums to be returned to the members in the form of dividends every year since the group’s inception in 2007.
Safety Group 580 Application
If you have a prospect or current client that values employee safety,
Group 580 may be the perfect fit.
The minimum requirements to participate in Safety Group 580 are:
- The employer’s governing class code must be 8866 or 8829.
- The employer’s 5-year cumulative incurred loss ratio cannot exceed 40%.
- The annual premium is more than $30,000.
Request a Quote
If your account meets the minimum requirements for Safety Group 580, we invite you to submit the following documents to receive a quote:
- ACORD form
- 5 years of Loss Runs (must be currently dated)
- Most recent 3-5 years of Premium Audit Statements
- Experience Mod for the proposed effective date
Acceptance: If your client accepts our proposal, you will need to provide the following:
- NYSIF Application
- Membership Confirmation Form
- Service Fee Agreement
- Most recent Payroll Audit Bill
- 5 years of Loss Runs
Submit your request: Documents to request a quote can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 212-344-0007, or by postal service to 30 Wall Street, 8th Floor, New York NY 10005.
A nursing home or assisted living facility is most likely to be quoted for the Safety Group if they meet the following qualifications:
- Experience Modification Factor of less than 1, preferably less than .80
- 3-5 Year Loss Ration of less than 15%, preferably less than 10%
- The account stayed with its previous carrier(s) for several years
Contact us to learn more.